SOCIAL MEDIA HELPS PROMPT ONGOING
COMMUNICATION WITH CUSTOMERS
There’s no question that having a social media presence is an essential part of staying relevant in today’s business world.
Not only can social platforms help you reach a large audience, promote your products and services, and direct people to your website or physical location, but they are an excellent way to connect with customers and build trusting relationships.
While social media success isn’t instantaneous — or guaranteed — giving these interactive channels the attention they deserve with valuable and evolving content and communication can go a long way with customers.
Insights spoke with the social media professionals responsible for the GM Genuine Parts and ACDelco accounts and asked them to pass along a few best practices that can help make your sites successful.
QUICK TIPS FOR SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT
- Use visuals (photos, videos, reels, stories, illustrations, memes) with every post, if possible.
- Share user-generated content (UGC) in the form of posts, photos and videos that present your shop in a positive light. Be sure to provide credit for any content that comes from your users, and that you have a process in place to obtain permission to post.
- Include relevant hashtags highlighting your shop name (#ABCShop), parts (#Brakes) or #GMGenuineParts and #ACDelco to make it easier for users to find you or the parts you use.
- Prompt two-way engagement or ask questions on your social sites to begin a dialogue.
- Be sure to answer questions or thank users for their comments, so your site is more than an online bulletin board.
- Include your social media handles (public usernames that allow people to find you, e.g., @gmparts_acdelco) anywhere and everywhere − on your websites, emails, flyers and business cards. Better yet, provide links directly to all of your social media pages when possible.
- Stay current with regular, ongoing posts and provide timely information, whether it be for a special promotion or an announcement that you’ll be closed for a certain time frame.
The GM Genuine Parts and ACDelco social media team offers quarterly Social Media Packages available to members on the ACDelco 1Store (acdelco1store.com). These packets include a variety of creative assets for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Stories (for multiple platforms).
GM Genuine Parts and ACDelco Social Pages
Keep up to date with GM Genuine Parts and ACDelco through these social media platforms.