GM announces that two 8-speed remanufactured transmissions will hit the market at year’s end.
Beginning in December, reman versions of the model year 2018 8L45E and 8L90E 8-speeds will become available for select vehicle applications. Both transmissions come with all the advantages of GM remanufacturing process:
• Efficient clutch-to-clutch shifting
• Plug and play design engineered for easy installation
• Dynamometer tested
• The latest GM engineering updates and design enhancements
• All sub-components tested before final assembly
• Made to fit to exact vehicle specifications
Both reman transmissions carry GM’s no-hassle core return policy—cores are returned fully assembled and drained of fluid in the same container. Backed by GM’s 36 month/100,000 mile (whichever comes first) limited warranty covering both parts and labor.1,2
If all that wasn’t enough, 8-speed remans bought from your GM Dealer are eligible for a one-time, no additional charge programming event, saving shops and customers additional time and fees. The same no additional charge programming is also offered on GM 6-speed, 9-speed and 10-speed transmissions.
GM is giving repairers reason to get in the holiday spirit. Contact your Genuine GM Parts dealer for more information.
1. Parts and labor warranty when installed by a GM Dealer or qualified installing Independent Service Center (ISC). 2. Parts and labor warranty when sold over the counter and REPAIRED by a GM Dealer or qualified installing ISC, on-highway applications only. Parts only warranty when consumer repaired or when installed in non-highway application. Coverage limited to defects in material and/or workmanship of the specific part only.